From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best Practices so far?
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 12:41:42 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Grzegorz Kossakowski
<gkossakowski@apache.org> wrote:
> Yes, if there is any significant interest then we could think about sharing
> "official" clone. For Cocoon whole repository would be about 0.5GB (or less)
> of size so even putting it into public-html of p.a.o account shouldn't be a
> problem.

We discussed such git mirrors of Apache codebases a while ago, but
infra wasn't too happy about that, so the current plan is to look at
ways to relax mod_dontdothat rules on svn.eu.apache.org so that people
could make their git-svn clones directly from the svn server. Of
course, if this approach doesn't work out, setting up such git mirrors
would be a valid solution.

BR,

Jukka Zitting