From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best Practices so far?
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 08:43:18 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 11:22 AM, Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, what's the learning so far? Example how does one set up a git-svn for a
> specific Apache project?

I've cloned a few smaller projects like this:

    git svn clone -s http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/<project>

So far I've avoided doing that with TLPs because of the load on the
svn server, but now that svn.eu.apache.org is in place I'm running the
following:

    git svn clone -s http://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit

Note that these clones take quite a while (hours) to create, but after
that it's quite easy and fast to keep them up to date with latest
changes.

So far I've used these clones for quick browsing and comparing of
version histories, my actual working copies are still normal svn
checkouts (mostly due to IDE integration). Thus I haven't yet used
things like dcommit on Apache projects.

BR,

Jukka Zitting