From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Stop responding to insults (Was: Stop flaming (Was: Best Practices so far?))
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 10:10:22 GMT

--- Santiago Gala <santiago.gala@gmail.com> wrote:

> El dom, 04-05-2008 a las 17:54 -0700, Joe Schaefer
> escribió:
> > --- Santiago Gala <santiago.gala@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Switched the title, sorry but I need the
> semantic
> > > precision.
> >
> > I've read what you've written, and I'd like to
> suggest
> > a different model for engagement here that doesn't
> > involve street punks and pack animals.
> >

> The model is recognized by me, not used by me. I
> use techniques to deal
> with it.
>
> Please apply the ideas yourself.

I certainly try to.

> I won't recognize
> this model is being
> applied until disagreement can be expressed without
> resource to personal
> disqualification. While personally derogatory words
> are used quickly,
> basically after the first response to FUD, I'll take
> it as  bullying
> (as in "browbeat: discourage or frighten with
> threats or a domineering
> manner; intimidate") and apply the technique I'm
> applying right now.
> Which seems to be working, BTW.
>
> Or are you suggesting that I should take the insults
> and keep thankful
> because I got some (negative) attention from the
> powers? This does not
> work for me.

Santiago, all I'm suggesting is that everyone take
a step back, a deep breath, and cut out all the
arguing.  It isn't constructive, and it doesn't
actually resolve anything.  The problem you seem
to be having with the rest of the infrastructure
team goes well beyond this thread, and well beyond
this subject.  I wish I understood why you feel
the way you do about us.

Be a better friend, newshound, and