From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject tags not being created by git-svn (was: git-svnRe: svn commit: r658061 - /infrastructure/trunk/httpd-conf/vc.eu.apache.org/dontdothat.conf)
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 21:13:48 GMT
Santiago Gala pisze:

> I typically use separate init / fetch because of the probability of
> failure. I'm not sure if, after some time, clonce can be restarted by
> just "cd <dir>; git svn fetch", but:
>
> * after git init succeeds, git fetch is fully restartable
> * most problems with root lookups occur when fishing for history, once
> git svn fetch starts moving up revisions it is quite probable that it
> will finish fetching without problems, though it might depends on new
> resources being moved into the project space "out of the blue", which it
> needs to track history.

Just FYI: I seem to successfully clone Cocoon's repository using git-svn clone command.
However, I see some weirdness. The biggest problem is that git-svn didn't create regular git

branches that can be found in Cocoon's svn repository. Moreover, it seems to handle branches
and
tags the same way as remote branches. I think this explains what I mean:
 > git-branch
* master
 > git-branch -r
   BRANCH_2_1_X
   bin
   butterfly
   cocoon-2.2
   cocoon-forms-1.0.0
   cocoon-forms-1.0.0@389838

<snip/>

   tags/ASF_20_BEFORE
   tags/ASF_20_SCRATCHPAD_AUTO
   tags/ASF_20_SRC_AUTO
   tags/RC_2_1_10
   tags/RELEASE_2_1
<snip/>
   tags/trunk_before_flattening
   testdata
   tools
   trunk

Is it expected behaviour of git-svn?

Do you know how to deal with such situation? (I'm still new to git-svn)

Thanks for any help.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski