From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r658061 - /infrastructure/trunk/httpd-conf/vc.eu.apache.org/dontdothat.conf
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 08:45:17 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> Since harmonia should always be permitting replay (irrespective of the
> config), do you know what operation is exactly failing against /?
>
> git-svn should be only trying to do log and replay.  Anything else is
> brokenness on git-svn's part.  According to clkao and the SVK folks,
> log and replay are all svk needs to work successfully - therefore,
> git-svn should not need anything more than svk...
>
> I'm not comfortable disabling all DoS protection just because git-svn
> doesn't know how to play well with others...  It'd be too easy for a
> stupid user to hit 'svn co http://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/' and
> try to check out everything - IMO, mod_dontdothat needs to be in place
> to prevent that.  -- justin

Joe and me have been trying to sort this out yesterday but without much
of success yet. Currently, git-svn fails because it gets 403 response to
request on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'. The request body contains
<update-target>cocoon</update-target> so I guess it should be possible
to configure mod_dontdothat to allow such requests.

Therefore, I wouldn't be so sure that it's git-svn fault. I guess this
issue needs more debugging but it looks like all svn admins (especially
Joe) live in different time zone than me so it's rather hard to meet
online. Anyway, can we arrange some meeting on #asfifra ?
For me the best would be Thursday as I have a whole day free.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski