From Paul Querna <pque...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Best Practices so far?
Date Sat, 03 May 2008 03:56:23 GMT
Santiago Gala wrote:
> El vie, 02-05-2008 a las 12:59 -0700, Paul Querna escribió:
>> For the record, I would wager our Subversion Repository is one of the
>> busiest single repositories on the internet.
>>

> For the record also, I would say that this is so because it is
> a) one only repository for every single project

But this is a feature, and allows things like incubator -> TLP
migrations to happen with full history in a few seconds.

> b) centralized

I also believe this is a feature for the "ASF Way".

> c) with a very verbose wire protocol, which makes it slow for extra
> bonus

TBH, DAV isn't all that slow. I'm not sure why you say it is.  Serf vs
neon is a good example of how a client written in the right way with
pipelining can be very fast.

-Paul