From Paul Querna <pque...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Best Practices so far?
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 19:59:12 GMT
Santiago Gala wrote:
> El vie, 02-05-2008 a las 12:04 -0700, Justin Erenkrantz escribió:
>> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Santiago Gala <santiago.gala@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>  Not asking for a switch, only for an alternate service, much like zones
>>>  have not removed p.a.o stuff.
>> As I have repeatedly said (and as you seem to consistently ignore), it
>> is impractical for the core infrastructure team to support multiple
>> SCM tools.  I'm not vehemently opposed to switching - but there needs
>
> Nobody is asking for support for SCM tools. Just for conditional removal
> of anti-protocol measures in our server, that basically makes it
> non-functional for non-functional reasons. I don't even dare to think
> that this is done on purpose to cast FUD on tools like git, but I have
> not seen a single problem using git-svn with any svn repository except
> ours.

For the record, I would wager our Subversion Repository is one of the
busiest single repositories on the internet.

Until this week, it was running on 4 year old hardware, and could not
keep up with all of the traffic it was receiving.

Give infrastructure a few weeks with the new machine in, and to get the
SVN Mirroring up perfectly (currently blocked on an Subversion bug
upstream). Then we will be able to reassess the restrictions in place.

-Paul