From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Best Practices so far?
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 12:13:18 GMT
Jukka Zitting pisze:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 11:43 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  So far I've avoided doing that with TLPs because of the load on the
>>  svn server, but now that svn.eu.apache.org is in place I'm running the
>>  following:
>>
>>     git svn clone -s http://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit
>
> FYI, I'm seeing the same 403 error that Grzegorz was reporting for Cocoon.
>
> I'm looking at git-svn sources to see if there's something we can do about this.

Jukka, I guess you don't want to waste your time. It's not a fault or problem of git-svn.
It's only
ASF setup that tries to stop abusers as soon as possible. Git-svn doing lots of requests to
svn
server is seen as abuser.

We need to think about some solution that is both convenient for us, committers, and safe
for ASF
servers.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski