From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Best Practices so far?
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 11:59:09 GMT
Santiago Gala pisze:
> I think it depends on the error you meet, I'm guessing. If you hit it
> because git-svn is going to ask REPORT of the root of the repository,
> there is no way to fix it. But I *think* sometimes I was hitting other
> limits, like number of requests, and then making it higher means less
> requests. Up to /100 requests
>
> Some people (Henning?) told that actually the project being cloned has
> to be 2 levels above root to succeed. This is consistent with my
> successes cloning (incubator/)shindig and (portals/)bridges, but not
> other public repos.

Yep, Cocoon is TLP and I've been getting 403 as response to git-svn REPORT requests. Too bad
nothing
can be (easily) done about it.

> Disallowing mod_dontdothat from IP addresses like p.a.o might help. Just
> an idea.

Yep but cloning using git-svn puts some load on the machine. I'm not sure how capable is p.a.o.

Other idea would be to disable mod_dontdothat for users (committers) authenticated through
SSL.
Cloning using https adds quite a lot of overhead but we are not talking about process that
will be
done on daily basis but rather on monthly. This way everyone who is a committer would have
all means
to access his project history (including cloning it).

My personal opinion is that every committer should have a right to access history of his project

however he likes despite dSCM tools needs.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski