From j.@jmason.org (Justin Mason)
Subject Re: early availability of svn.eu.apache.org
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 09:17:45 GMT

Paul Querna writes:
> sebb wrote:
> > OK, thanks.
> >
> > It's certainly much quicker for me here in the UK using SVN (via Eclipse).
> >
> > However, it seems to be quite time-consuming to swap servers.
> > It does not appear to be possible to use "svn switch" as the repos are
> > regarded as different.
> >
> > I ended up having to delete my existing project and download it again,
> > which seems rather a waste of bandwidth.
> >
> > Maybe next time I'll tried editting the .svn/entries files - but there
> > are rather a lot of them.
> >
> > Anyone got a better method for switching servers?
>
> svn switch --relocate \
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/trunk \
> https://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/trunk
>
> works for me?

does

  svn sw --relocate \
         https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf \
         https://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf

work as a general-purpose command?  This would be great to add to any
announcement mail.

I did notice that I had to re-authenticate, and also that SVN externals
(we use one in SpamAssassin, unfortunately) need to be switched
separately.  Seems definitely speedier though.

--j.