From Henning Schmiedehausen <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: early availability of svn.eu.apache.org
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 15:09:39 GMT
On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 17:03 +0200, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Joe Schaefer pisze:

[...]

> > We have also enabled git-svn for top-level projects
> > on the mirror, and will be evaluating the traffic
> > on a weekly basis to determine if this sort of thing
> > is something we can reasonably support.  I encourage
> > those of you who will take advantage of this feature
> > to run git-svn with the --log-window-size=10000 flag
> > set, in order to minimize unnecessary traffic.

Thanks Joe!

> I've just tried to run git-svn cloning of Cocoon repository and hit mod_dontdothat (again).
I guess,
> that you forgot to relax rules on /repos/asf/!svn/ path. The evidence is rather strong:
>
> REPORT z '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default': 403 Forbidden (http://svn.eu.apache.org)
>
> (that's the error msg returned by git-svn)

FWIW, I git-svn'ed the incubator/shindig tree today from svn.apache.org
(using https:, though) and that worked fine.

Is it possible that this is different for http and https?

	Best regards
		Henning

--
Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | JEE, Linux, Unix
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache Java Software

INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH - RG Fuerth, HRB 7350
Gesellschaftssitz: Buckenhof. Geschaeftsfuehrer: Henning Schmiedehausen

  char name_buf[257];           /* max unix filename is 256, right? */