From Henning Schmiedehausen <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: Best Practices so far?
Date Sun, 04 May 2008 12:21:39 GMT
On Fri, 2008-05-02 at 20:56 -0700, Paul Querna wrote:

> > For the record also, I would say that this is so because it is
> > a) one only repository for every single project
>
> But this is a feature, and allows things like incubator -> TLP
> migrations to happen with full history in a few seconds.

I know infra got some flak back when that decision was made but I'd like
to state in public that this was one of the best decisions made around
the CVS->SVN migration. Don't let anyone else say otherwise. Migrating
to a single repository helped tremendously with the scaling out in our
projects, helped our biggest PMCs like Jakarta and Incubator and was an
all around good thing.

	Best regards
		Henning

--
Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | JEE, Linux, Unix
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache Java Software

INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH - RG Fuerth, HRB 7350
Gesellschaftssitz: Buckenhof. Geschaeftsfuehrer: Henning Schmiedehausen

  char name_buf[257];           /* max unix filename is 256, right? */