From Henning Schmiedehausen <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: Best Practices so far?
Date Sat, 03 May 2008 07:49:43 GMT
On Fri, 2008-05-02 at 11:50 -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

[...]

> I only care as much as you don't place an unreasonable drain on our
> public services.  If it takes 100x more compute and network power to
> service git-svn than a normal svn client, then our capacity is blown
> out of the water.
>
> I have to provision the resources as best as I can given the ASF's
> constraints.  We don't have an endless amount of CPU or network cycles
> to spend on users using tools that are inefficient and deny service to
> others.  If you'd like to donate either your time or money to seeing
> we have the service you desire, it's appreciated.  Until then, I have
> to make the decision that serves the most people.  -- justin

I assume that 'I' in these paragraphs means "Infra PMC", right?

	Best regards
		Henning

--
Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | JEE, Linux, Unix
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache Java Software

INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH - RG Fuerth, HRB 7350
Gesellschaftssitz: Buckenhof. Geschaeftsfuehrer: Henning Schmiedehausen

  char name_buf[257];           /* max unix filename is 256, right? */