From Santiago Gala <santiago.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best Practices so far?
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 18:58:16 GMT
El vie, 02-05-2008 a las 11:43 -0700, Justin Erenkrantz escribió:
> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Santiago Gala <santiago.gala@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  Cool, the meme again. Nobody has asked for a switch, that I can tell.
>
> Matthieu (who I was replying to) specifically asked that we set up a
> public git repository on people.a.o.  So, please stop denying what
> others have said.  -- justin

Not asking for a switch, only for an alternate service, much like zones
have not removed p.a.o stuff.

I have a shindig git repository here:
http://people.apache.org/~sgala/git/?p=shindig.git;a=summary and
Everybody can push from it with http (not very good, but workable) and I
can push to it using git+ssh (basically ssh + local git client). This
was done in a couple of hours, with no infrastructure help. I'm not sure
about load generated, it is a perl cgi, basically. This is *not*
something anybody should depend on. This is way closer to what Matthieu
requested, and it does not require any sort of "switch", even if every
committer of a project was using something similar.

Testing something like this in a zone scale would give us a better idea,
and again no need to a "switch" plan, just to a "sustainability as a
service" plan.

This is why I call your (collective your) "WE DO NOT DO THAT!!!" or your
(again collective your) "I want to see a detailed switch plan!" as FUD.
And I'm really getting tired of it. I was not expecting such dirty
political moves around an issue that is so plainly technical, and I was
not expecting that disagreement of those items made some people
systematically cast doubts about our "loyalty" to the ASF principles.

Regards
--
Santiago Gala
http://memojo.com/~sgala/blog/