From Santiago Gala <santiago.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best Practices so far?
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 18:40:22 GMT
El vie, 02-05-2008 a las 19:00 +0100, sebb escribió:
> >  Justin, pardon my ignorance, but do you know any tool that imports
> whole
> > repository history without making many requests to our svn servers?
> You
> > already support fisheye, ohloh and similar services. Aren't they
> putting
> > lots of load at *initial* stage?
> >

> But there are far fewer such services than there will be git users.

Are you sure? My blog has way more activity because of robots indexing
it than human readers, just to give you an example... Those robots are
way more demanding consumers than the humans that come here.

A git-svn clone copied (scp) to a different machine will just behave as
a working copy (for trunk + each branch) scp-ied to a different machine
re: load. Thus, if several people in the same project are going to use
git-svn, it is a good idea to have one "solid" clone done and replicate
it. Even if later ones are going to access svn, they are not going to
reload the whole history from the server.

Regards
Santiago

--
Santiago Gala