From Santiago Gala <santiago.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best Practices so far?
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 17:52:34 GMT
El vie, 02-05-2008 a las 09:30 -0700, Justin Erenkrantz escribió:
> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Matthieu Riou <matthieu@offthelip.org> wrote:
> >  So what about using a zone to create a space where anyone with an account on
> >  p.a.o could have his own public git repository?
>
> We have no intention or plans, at this time, to supporting public git
> repositories hosted on our servers.  We have our hands more than full
> at the moment.
>
> If you want to host it yourself on your own equipment, I can't stop
> you.  (And, I won't as long as you don't DoS our boxes.  Which is what
> git-svn does out-of-the-box.)  But, there's a *lot* of work that would

git-svn only is a problem for new clones. After it it just gets history
starting from the last revision included, much like svn up. I'd even say
that continuous use of git + svn puts less overall stress on the svn
server, as we can do local diffs, or logs, or blames, diffs between
branches...

> go into properly publicly serving yet-another-SCM and I've not seen
> anyone bother to come up with a full and detailed migration plan.  (As
> before, if we switch, it'll have to be a complete switch.)  -- justin

Cool, the meme again. Nobody has asked for a switch, that I can tell.
Regards
Santiago

--
Santiago Gala