From Santiago Gala <santiago.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best Practices so far?
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 15:18:31 GMT
El vie, 02-05-2008 a las 17:39 +0300, Jukka Zitting escribió:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 3:07 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 11:43 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >  >  So far I've avoided doing that with TLPs because of the load on the
> >  >  svn server, but now that svn.eu.apache.org is in place I'm running the
> >  >  following:
> >  >
> >  >     git svn clone -s http://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit
> >
> >  FYI, I'm seeing the same 403 error that Grzegorz was reporting for Cocoon.
> >
> >  I'm looking at git-svn sources to see if there's something we can do about this.
>
> It looks like I can work around the 403 error like this:
>
>     mkdir jackrabbit
>     cd jackrabbit
>     git svn init -s http://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit
>     git svn fetch --log-window-size=10000
>
> Fetch is still running, I'll report on the result once finished.

Fetch goes down revisions until it finds the first revision where the
dir was created and then follows it and it contents up and down the
history, so it can get things like, for instance portals/bridges, which
was moved from jetspeed/trunk/portal-bridges ->
portals/bridges/trunk ... But it was tricky to get it complete, IIRC.

What you are doing is nice for an experiment but it won't be able to
commit back, if you use http and/or svn.eu.apache.org is read only.

Unless you use
--rewrite-root=https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit (or something
similar). This will, if successful, write the tags so that it will
reconstruct history or fetch subsequent revisions from the new root.

Regards
Santiago

--
Santiago Gala