From Henning Schmiedehausen <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: [dSCM] Use case: infra down for maintenance
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 10:25:44 GMT
On Fri, 2008-05-02 at 10:00 +0200, Santiago Gala wrote:

> <irony>
> You mean it would slow our code evolution to a sluggish and confusing
> state so that the ASF would die a horrible, slow, thermal death such as
> the one the linux kernel seems to be enjoying since they adopted git?
> </irony>

No, exactly the opposite would happen. Because of different needs,
pushes and working speeds, the projects would start to fragment.

See http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/673386/

Linux is different, because it has something that we don't want to have:
A benevolent dictator.

Our development model enforces peers and wants to avoid project lead
developers, so it seems that for us, a centralized development model is
actually better suited because it allows everyone participating to keep
up to date.

	Best regards
		Henning

--
Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | JEE, Linux, Unix
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache Java Software

INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH - RG Fuerth, HRB 7350
Gesellschaftssitz: Buckenhof. Geschaeftsfuehrer: Henning Schmiedehausen

  char name_buf[257];           /* max unix filename is 256, right? */