From Santiago Gala <santiago.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [dSCM] Use case: new committer
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 18:44:34 GMT
El jue, 01-05-2008 a las 19:35 +0200, Henning Schmiedehausen escribió:
> You are probably talking about r652498.
>
> That is not a dSCM, cSCM or anything else problem. This is purely a

No "problem". I talked about "use case". As Sander said, it is useful to
be able to split and keep separate commits. You can use emacs+patch
+diff, quilt, ... a lot of tools to do that. Last generation dscm tools
just happen to be some of the best ones for the task.

> "developers too lazy too split" problem. If the shindig project is fine
> with this commit, then who cares. I would probably let the developer
> revert and re-apply in smaller chunks. But this is open source. :-)

No problem here, actually:
a) shindig is incubating, and the PHP input can be considered like
"initial commits" for the moment
b) The current PHP port was brought in, basically, by Chris alone,
except for the initial version by brianm, and a small refactoring
by /me, and some minor patches by other people

As we are getting ready for graduation, those concerns will grow. Now we
are, so to say, testing the waters.

Regards
Santiago

--