From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject early availability of svn.eu.apache.org
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 14:32:15 GMT
We are currently dealing with network interface
issues on svn.apache.org, so now may be a good
time to promote the usage of our new mirror at
svn.eu.apache.org.

Ideally you should be able to use svn.eu.apache.org
as if it were the master- it even will accept commits
over https.  The drawback at the moment is that
the unreliability of the link between the master
and the mirror is that syncs may take a few minutes
to complete.  If you are in the habit of running
svn update right after you make a commit, you may
find this unbearable at the moment, but if that
isn't part of your work habits, the mirror should
serve European users rather well.

We have also enabled git-svn for top-level projects
on the mirror, and will be evaluating the traffic
on a weekly basis to determine if this sort of thing
is something we can reasonably support.  I encourage
those of you who will take advantage of this feature
to run git-svn with the --log-window-size=10000 flag
set, in order to minimize unnecessary traffic.