From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zone for scm experiments (Was: Subversion vs other source control systems)
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 11:30:48 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Justin Erenkrantz
<justin@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
>  FTR, I just talked to Jukka here in Amsterdam - the purpose of the
>  zone seemed to be to host a copy of our SVN repository.  I indicated
>  that with the new EU SVN mirror coming online Real Soon Now(tm) and
>  the pending replacement of eris (within ~3-4 months) - that we should
>  be able to ease some of the DDoS restrictions on our SVN servers that
>  should let svn-git and other tools get what they need.
>
>  So, as I see things, we do *not* need to create a zone at this time.
>  If there does come to a point where a zone makes sense, then we can
>  figure out what it'd be used for first.  But, for now, I don't see the
>  need.  Jukka, if I'm mistaken, please let me know.

Sounds good to me.

With the new SVN mirror we should be able to let people run tools like
git-svn directly against svn without needing an extra git mirror. We
can reconsider if it turns out that git-svn will still put too much
load against svn.

BR,

Jukka Zitting