From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Short summary about today's SCM BOF
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:54:38 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 2:47 AM, Henning Schmiedehausen
<hps@intermeta.de> wrote:
>  * We don't branch enough (might be a cultural thing, a remnant from CVS
> when branching was expensive). Projects should be encouraged to branch more.
> Branches don't have to be in the "branches" folder, they could as well be in
> e.g. a sandbox.

It would be a good idea to come up with some guide for doing
development branches at Apache especially once we can start using the
merge tracking features in Subversion 1.5. Perhaps that would be
useful also as general Subversion documentation. I'm playing with svn
1.5.0-rc1 now, and I'll try to put together some branch-related notes.

BR,

Jukka Zitting