From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Zone for scm experiments (Was: Subversion vs other source control systems)
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 21:22:59 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>  It would be cool to have a few such examples to gather more experience
>  on the related workflows. Could we for example set up some git-svn
>  mirrors of selected projects for people to play with? Github looks
>  nice for such purposes, and I also have a spare server we could use if
>  we want more control over the interaction with Apache svn.

As discussed today in the SCM BOF here in Amsterdam, it would probably
make more sense to do such experiments on Apache hardware if possible.
Would it be OK to create a Solaris zone for such purposes?

I'm aware of the concerns about introducing new systems even
experimentally. For example if people start relying on such git-svn
mirrors, they might easily become perceived as official parts of ASF
infrastructure. How could we best avoid that?

BR,

Jukka Zitting