From Santiago Gala <santiago.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: subversion user agents
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:40:35 GMT
El mié, 30-04-2008 a las 10:35 +0100, Steve Loughran escribió:
> Paul Querna wrote:
> > figured some might be interested in this.
> >
> > hacked up a python script to read the access log on svn.a.o, makes this
> > little report of user agents....
> >
> > I was mostly surprised that such a large volume is done by SVNKit.
> >
> > User Agents
> > 291892   Subversion
> > 214689   SVNKit
> > 26834   Browser
> > 8868   Java
> > 8516   JavaSVN
> > 1218   (other)
> > 1192   Commons-HttpClient
> > 718   TortoiseSVN
> > 523   CommitMonitor
> > 229   Nagios
> > 137   CIA
>
> The CI tools must be heavy hitters;  they check on a regular frequency
> and put more load on our servers than local users, especially once
> individual developers bring up hudson under vmware to build/test their
> branch.

A question: would git-svn, which is a perl script using the subversion
perl bindings, be included into the first category? I don't really know.
Ditto for bzr/mercurial, which use the python bindings, AFAIK.

If this is the case, further tuning of the script trying to distinguish
between "command line" subversion and "SVN::Ra"/etc. would be nice to
have.

Regards
Santiago

--