From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scm] Mob version control
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 09:59:14 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 10:25 PM, Santiago Gala <santiago.gala@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I'd rather have those commits formatted with something like
>  git-format-patch and attached to some issue tracker, which is how I see
>  this "mob" branch working: a sort of "patch processor" :)

Exactly. There are many cases where a normal patch produced by svn
diff is not good enough. For example anything that deals with renames,
copies, or binary files is difficult to communicate in the normal
patch format. Also the "sequence of changes" use case requires
something more than a normal patch. A mob branch or source repository
would be one solution to such needs.

>  A patch processor is not at all a little thing: having people able to
>  generate sane patches and having some sort of tool validating those
>  lowers significantly entry barriers.

There are also other possible process improvements, for example we
could point FishEye/Crucible to a mob svn repository to get improved
tooling for code reviews.

BR,

Jukka Zitting