From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: [scm] Use case: code review/audit/study
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:32:50 GMT
On 12.03.2008, at 09:40, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> I've seen some grumbling about the initial svn load when new projects
> are added to FishEye, but AFAIK once the initial import is done the
> load on our Subversion server is not too bad.
>
> What would be the instructions from Infrastructure to an Apache
> project that wants to add FishEye monitoring of their codebase? Is
> that OK? Should they use http://fisheye6.cenqua.com/? Should
> Infrastructure be notified? Are there special requirements for the
> timing of the initial import or some other ways to reduce the load on
> our Subversion server?

The HttpComponents PMC recently asked FishEye to add the HC codebase;
they are quite aware of the load they are able to put on a (our) svn
server and they have taken some counter-measures. They also wanted to
have an ACK of the infra team before starting the process and
suggested to do it on a weekend to further minimize the potential
impact. HTH...

Cheers,
Erik