From Santiago Gala <santiago.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scm] Use case: code review/audit/study
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 18:50:54 GMT

El mié, 12-03-2008 a las 10:40 +0200, Jukka Zitting escribió:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 10:31 PM, Santiago Gala <santiago.gala@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  A developer needs to study or review a code base for certain features,
> >  typically either tracing the origin of those or just doing historical
> >  analysis. Or just to learn, nothing like finding how a feature got
> >  inside a project or has evolved to learn how to modify it. Or debugging,
> >  say tracing a regression.
> >  [...]
> >  As with any subjective impressions, YMMV, of course. Any other pointers
> >  to this kind of browsing tools?
>
> Atlassian's FishEye is pretty good for such use. It's commercial, but
> they offer free licenses or even hosting for open source projects.
> There's also clear demand for FishEye support from many Apache
> projects and some of them are already registered at
> http://fisheye6.cenqua.com/.

Is it an offline tool? one of the strong points of git-svn and
associated tools is that I can used them online. Also the response time
is very fast, be my machine online or not. This makes a big difference.
And once a project is loaded the code is easy to keep updated while
online (mostly just a "git svn rebase", sometimes the authors file must
be upgraded, if an authors file is used for correlation with svn ids).

Regards
Santiago

--
Santiago Gala