From Santiago Gala <santiago.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scm] Use case: Continuous integration
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 18:26:48 GMT

El lun, 03-03-2008 a las 14:20 +0000, Steve Loughran escribió:

(...)

> -Steve
>
> (*) Trivia note, have you noticed that the code search tools focus on
> the code, not the commits. I dont need a search tool for code, I have
> an
> IDE for that -what I like to do is know what was the person writing
> it
> thinking at the time.

This is a substantial part of what I meant with the last use case I sent
(code study/audit). A lot of times I'm interested in searching and
browsing all commits that contained a string or touched a path. Two
standard features in gitk. Or how is the activity of a code base
evolving with time.

It is very addictive once you get used to it. And given that it is
typically almost half size than a subversion working copy, including the
whole history, it is economic too.

Regards

--
Santiago Gala