From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: [scm] Use case: Keep the local copy clean
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 02:51:38 GMT
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 4:49 PM, Justin Erenkrantz <justin@erenkrantz.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >  Finally, Justins point about fixing Subversion is also a valid future
> >  solution. It seems like there's a good idea on how to fix this and it
> >  just needs someone to do it.
>
> For whatever little it's worth, I pointed out this set of threads to
> the SVN devs.  A few mentioned that they'll likely be making it a
> priority to revamp libsvn_wc to have centralized metadata/text-bases
> after 1.5.0 is out.  (If we stick to our typical stabilization window,
> it probably means we're talking June before 1.5.0 is final; but trunk
> may get a bit disruptive a little bit before that once we enter RCs
> around late April/early May.)  But, if such a feature means that much
> to folks here, I wouldn't let that stop you from contributing now.
> However, getting merge tracking done right and out the door has been
> the priority for far too long amongst most SVN devs; so we may see a
> huge backlog of improvements once 1.5 gets out.  -- justin

Good to know, thanks for the feedback.

The problem when you start using tools like wcgrep is that you end up having
to recode almost all the command lines utilities provided by your OS. After
grep there's find, then there's sed, then there's copy, ... You get the
idea.

My C foo is a bit rusty, Ruby got me spoiled, but I'll try to see if I can
dive into the code.

Cheers,
Matthieu