From "Jeff Hammerbacher" <jeff.hammerbac...@gmail.com>
Subject git for other open source projects
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 23:21:08 GMT
hey,

saw some comments on the thrift mailing list that indicated apache had
started a discussion about using git.  great!  Linux, X.org server, and OLPC
are nontrivial projects that have used git successfully, and i thought these
links to other popular open source projects recently moving from svn to git
might be useful for discussion or reference:

1) postgres:
http://people.planetpostgresql.org/peter/index.php?/archives/17-guid.html
2) rails: http://www.koziarski.net/archives/2008/2/23/on-git

we've used git successfully at facebook for thrift, memcached, and generally
keeping blood pressure low.  since thrift has recently moved into the
incubator i thought our opinions might be of use to the infrastructure dev
team.

i'll take my answer off the air, thanks.

regards,
jeff