From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [scm] Features that systems must support
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 00:53:26 GMT
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 4:41 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Good points, though I'd like to point out that we don't necessarily
>  need to live with just a single system. The points should apply to

As someone in another thread mentioned (probably Henri), the 'core'
ASF infrastructure team is *only* going to support one SCM.
Supporting multiple SCMs is simply not a viable option.  As I also
said in another post on another list, we're not going to have
fragmented SCMs; so if we decide to go to another SCM, every Apche
project is coming along for the ride whether they like it or not.
There may be a period of migration, but having project A use SCM X and
another ASF project use a different SCM is unacceptable.  -- justin