From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [scm] Use case: Keep the local copy clean
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 00:49:05 GMT
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Finally, Justins point about fixing Subversion is also a valid future
>  solution. It seems like there's a good idea on how to fix this and it
>  just needs someone to do it.

For whatever little it's worth, I pointed out this set of threads to
the SVN devs.  A few mentioned that they'll likely be making it a
priority to revamp libsvn_wc to have centralized metadata/text-bases
after 1.5.0 is out.  (If we stick to our typical stabilization window,
it probably means we're talking June before 1.5.0 is final; but trunk
may get a bit disruptive a little bit before that once we enter RCs
around late April/early May.)  But, if such a feature means that much
to folks here, I wouldn't let that stop you from contributing now.
However, getting merge tracking done right and out the door has been
the priority for far too long amongst most SVN devs; so we may see a
huge backlog of improvements once 1.5 gets out.  -- justin