From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [scm] Features that systems must support
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 18:52:52 GMT
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 10:28 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>  * servers should run on a reasonable range of OSes

I'll go so far and say as long as it runs on FreeBSD, we're happy.

>  * clients should run on a wider range of OSes

I think it *must* run on all *nix variants and Windows.  Dropping
Windows support I think is a non-starter.  Or, are we willing to say
we'll drop Windows support?

>  * command-line should be supported
>  * GUI should be supported

What type of GUIs?  What about integration with IDEs?  Eclipse?
IntelliJ?  Are we okay with losing IDE support?  Or, take the opinion
that if we switch, they'll eventually add support - this is what we
saw with Subversion, but maybe we can convince folks to lose their IDE
integration for a few years while the downstream IDE developers play
catch up.  -- justin