From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [scm] Use case: Sequence of changes
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 18:29:13 GMT
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 9:40 AM, Matthieu Riou <matthieu@offthelip.org> wrote:
>  a) The main problem I have with svnmerge.py (which is by itself pretty nice)
>  is that it's a separate tool from Subversion.

It's bundled with Subversion.  If your packager/distributor doesn't
offer it, I'd suggest talking to them to add it.  But, it's included
in the contrib/ directory in the 1.4 series.

> I don't see why it's not
>  integrated in the standard Subversion command.

This is what 1.5 is all about.  We took the lessons gained from
svnmerge.py and incorporated most of the functionality into the core
SVN client and libraries and added some more features to it.  As such,
it's much easier to use and faster - but the core functionality (more
or less) is similar.

I'd suggest trying out the 1.5alpha1 and giving your feedback to the
SVN dev team.  FWIW, in order to use the integrated merge tracking,
the server needs to be running 1.5 too.  -- justin