From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scm] Advanced version control at Apache
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 01:52:49 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 12:19 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I'd like us to start collecting use cases that our current version
>  control infrastructure doesn't support out-of-the-box.

Just to avoid any misunderstandings: The reason many of the use cases
discussed point out at least some lack of functionality in Subversion
is just because we're only talking about cases that aren't supported
by default. Thus by definition all the use cases discussed reach
beyond the current (known) capabilities of Subversion.

There are a number of features in Subversion and supporting tools like
IDE integrations that enable use cases that would be impossible to
support with many other current SCM systems. But since I'm taking
Subversion for granted, I won't be raising such use cases as issues.

So, even though we might at times sound critical of Subversion,
pointing out one lack of functionality after another, this is only
because of the systematic skew mentioned above.

BR,

Jukka Zitting