From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scm] Features that systems must support
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 01:12:57 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 2:53 AM, Justin Erenkrantz
<justin@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 4:41 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  Good points, though I'd like to point out that we don't necessarily
>  >  need to live with just a single system. The points should apply to
>
>  As someone in another thread mentioned (probably Henri), the 'core'
>  ASF infrastructure team is *only* going to support one SCM.
>  Supporting multiple SCMs is simply not a viable option.

Agreed.

I wasn't suggesting that the official storage of our source code be
split across multiple systems. My point was that it might be (or
perhaps not) useful to provide people with for example read-only
mirrors of the source repository in other version control tools. For
example (and I'm just throwing ideas here) it might be nice to have a
hierarchy of repository mirrors that things like CI tools could use
without putting excessive load on the central Subversion repository.

Such auxiliary systems wouldn't IMHO need to support as strict
baseline feature requirements as the canonical Apache version control
system.

BR,

Jukka Zitting