From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scm] Features that systems must support
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 00:41:35 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 8:28 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thought it might be worth recording some features which perhaps we
> take for granted, but which may not be available in all systems.

Good points, though I'd like to point out that we don't necessarily
need to live with just a single system. The points should apply to
anything like our central Subversion repository, but we could well
support alternative client tools like git-svn or perhaps even have the
repository mirrored in other scm server tools with less strict
requirements for the supported features.

Doing something like that might not be reasonable, but I wouldn't shut
out options by requiring that any system that we consider supporting
should be ready to replace the central Subversion repository. There
could well be smaller scale and more tightly scoped scenarios where
extra tools could be used to augment the Subversion features.

BR,

Jukka Zitting