From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: git for other open source projects
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 23:51:34 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 1:21 AM, Jeff Hammerbacher
<jeff.hammerbacher@gmail.com> wrote:
>  saw some comments on the thrift mailing list that indicated apache had
>  started a discussion about using git.

Don't get too carried away. There are no current plans about switching
away from Subversion as the version control system of all Apache
software. At the moment we're discussing how to best achieve certain
advanced version control use cases. That might include better support
for tools like git-svn or perhaps even a git mirror of our Subversion
repository, but that's all speculation for now.

We're certainly interested in hearing more about how various open
source projects leverage different version control systems and learn
from their experiences. Especially I'd like to know what are the key
use cases that are best supported by git or some other tool. What are
the practical situations where git is better than the alternatives?

BR,

Jukka Zitting