From Santiago Gala <santiago.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scm] Features that systems must support
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:02:47 GMT

El jue, 28-02-2008 a las 02:43 +0200, Jukka Zitting escribió:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 12:35 AM, Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  Please don't drop support for Windows.
>
> I don't think anyone is seriously considering dropping any functionality.
>
> So far at least I'm only looking at ways to have more, not less, functionality.

Of course. The point of my comment is that if *I* plan to use, for
instance git-svn to track a subversion repository locally, *I* don't
need to care about windows. Other people will just stay using subversion
or their favorite tool, be it svk, hg-svn, eclipse plugins, whatever. As
the community interaction will always take place either via svn commits
or via patches, the tools doesn't really matter.

In use cases where the only tools used are client side tools, but the
global group workflow is not changed, each potential user chooses what
to use and what not. This was the only meaning of my comment.

Regards
Santiago

--
Santiago Gala