From Santiago Gala <santiago.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scm] Use case: Sequence of changes
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:54:09 GMT

El jue, 28-02-2008 a las 02:59 +0200, Jukka Zitting escribió:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 9:50 PM, Justin Erenkrantz
> <justin@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >  >  At least I generally frown on development branches based on fear of them
> >  >  evolving as forks of the codebase, but having short-lived and tightly
> >  >  scoped branches sounds ok.
> >
> >  This is more of a social problem than a technical problem.
>
> Yes.

http://blog.red-bean.com/sussman/?p=20#comment-113

The whole entry+comments is very interesting, specially
http://blog.red-bean.com/sussman/?p=20#comment-103 , but I'm bringing
here only the obvious: “CVS is not a substitute for developer
communication” and “there are no technical solutions to social problems”
mantras.

--
Santiago Gala
http://memojo.com/~sgala/blog/