www-history mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Timeline
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2002 20:47:07 GMT
I am would really like to have an Apache timeline to show in my Intro to
Apache talk in San Diego (OSSCon) the end of this month, and am working
towards having something like this at http://www.apache.org/history/ by
then. What I keep tripping over is the fact that we are doing a history
of the Apache Software Foundation, not a history of the Apache HTTPd
project. I'm reluctant to put anything into CVS that I will later have
to remove, so I will rethink this before I commit anything. What I think
I want, then, is to talk about the general structure of the web site -
how people see the site map looking. Is this one subdir per project?
Does the web server get any preferential treatment for being first? What
should the ASF timeline look like? I was thinking major dates, and when
particular projects started, mainly, but perhaps also include major
version releases of various projects. Thoughts, anyone?

--
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the sky on laughter-silvered wings