www-history mailing list archives

From Thomas Eibner <tho...@stderr.net>
Subject Re: Timeline
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2002 20:57:44 GMT
On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 04:47:07PM -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
> I am would really like to have an Apache timeline to show in my Intro to
> Apache talk in San Diego (OSSCon) the end of this month, and am working
> towards having something like this at http://www.apache.org/history/ by
> then. What I keep tripping over is the fact that we are doing a history
> of the Apache Software Foundation, not a history of the Apache HTTPd
> project. I'm reluctant to put anything into CVS that I will later have
> to remove, so I will rethink this before I commit anything. What I think
> I want, then, is to talk about the general structure of the web site -
> how people see the site map looking. Is this one subdir per project?
> Does the web server get any preferential treatment for being first? What
> should the ASF timeline look like? I was thinking major dates, and when
> particular projects started, mainly, but perhaps also include major
> version releases of various projects. Thoughts, anyone?

The timeline should cover at least significant events in the Apache history.
When was the httpd first introduced, major releases (first,shambala(sp?),etc)
When the ASF was formed, when each sub project was launched, significant
releases of subprojects etc.

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>
  mod_pointer <http://stderr.net/mod_pointer> <http://photos.eibner.dk/>