www-gui-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew J. Probst" <mpro...@cs.byu.edu>
Subject Re: An interface to Apache
Date Mon, 23 Jun 1997 16:50:20 GMT
On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Mark Imbriaco wrote:

> >I have usually divided it into 3 parts:
> >
> > 1) general server config stuff (ServerType, ScoreBoardFile, User,
> >    Group, ServerRoot, HostnameLookups, Timeout, KeepAlive,
> >    KeepAliveTimeout, MinSpareServers, MaxSpareServers, StartServers,
> >    MaxClients, MaxRequestsPerChild, Browsermatch stuff, UserDir,
> >    Icons, general aliases, language stuff, htaccess stuff etc.)

View/rotate error/access log for main server.

> > 2) per virtual server files containing a <virtualserver ip#> section
> >    with configs like ServerAdmin, DocumentRoot, ServerName, ErrorLog,
> >    TransferLog, ScriptAlias and various other tings that might apply
> >    to the server.

View/rotate error/access logs for individual virtual servers.

> > 3) static stuff that almost never changes.  (MIME stuff etc.)
>
> 	4) Per-Directory configuration (Access control, Handlers,
> 	   etc.)

number 2 should be a list of virtual servers that branches out to
individual screens (obviously we'd re-use the same screen)

number 4 would be the same way (list of directries, each with its own
screen).

There should be one main entry page that lists each of these 4 items (as a
button) as well as list the uptime of the server and gives you
"start/re-start server" and "Stop server" buttons.

 Matthew J. Probst            | Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station
 Sys. Programmer, BYU CS Dept |wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
 mprobst@cs.byu.edu           |        -Andrew Tanenbaum