www-community mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Non-released Dependencies
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2014 14:30:28 GMT
We followed option # 1 in Apache Geronimo.  We grabbed the source for the dependency projects
and built it out of the branch and eventual tag.  We hard too many dependencies to wait for
all projects to sync up.

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org
+1-919-656-0564
PGP Key: 0x0F143BC1

"Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam" translated -
"I shall either find a way or make one."

The phrase has been attributed to Hannibal; when his generals told him it was impossible to
cross the Alps by elephant,

On Jul 25, 2014, at 10:26 AM, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe you have two options: fork their code into your project, and do some appropriate
subpackage renaming to clarify it is distinct. Or, ideally, you join *their* community and
help them cut a release, and then base your code on that.