www-community mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Political Candidate Relations
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 19:06:11 GMT

On 07/02/2014 02:20 PM, McGovern, James wrote:

> I have decided to run for State Representative and often get questions
> from other candidates regarding ways government can be made more
> efficient. Do you think there is merit in technology groups such as
> Apache holding forums to educate elected officials on the value of
> open source?
>
> http://facebook.com/McGovernForCT

I know that this isn't an answer to your question, but ...

I strongly recommend Jason Hibbets' book "The Foundation for an Open
Source City".

He keynoted at ApacheCon in Denver, and I would be glad to put you in
touch with him. He thinks a lot about this topic, and has met with many
government officials about applying the principles of Open Source to
government.

We also had another talk at ApacheCon on this topic, although at this
moment I can't remember who gave that talk.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon