www-community mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject RE: Low level community
Date Sat, 28 Jun 2014 17:14:38 GMT
Keep working and make sure people know about your project. You can only attract devs by a)
having something of value to then and b) ensuring they know about it. It takes effort and
patience.

Identify the most common use case for your code (today that is whatever keeps you involved),
write a tutorial, blog, tweet, present, demo. Improve support for the use case, update tutorial,
blog, tweet, demo etc. Rinse and repeat.

One last thing, talk to yourself. That is tell the community (that is any lurkers) what you
are doing, why and how. Ask for input, testing, contributions. It might feel like a waste
of time if there is never a response, but one day there might be.

Sent from my phone - please forgive brevity and typos

-----Original Message-----
From: "jan i" <jani@apache.org>
Sent: ‎6/‎28/‎2014 2:28
To: "community@apache.org" <community@apache.org>
Subject: Re: Low level community

On 28 June 2014 11:09, Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibbney@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi  Folks,

community@ is the orrect place for this question.

What do we* do when we have low level activity, low level community, generally speaking low
level anything on a project?

marketing :-) Make other committers interested in your project, e.g. by having a nice homepage,
where it is easy to see how the reader can help your project and if there are projects related
to your project, mail a polite question on their ML.

rgds
jan I.

I am NOT talking about the attic.

I am committed to ensuring the project is NOT going to the attic.

Lewis

* in the collective sense. Your, I, Us, Etc.

--
Lewis