www-community mailing list archives

From Pawel Slusarz...@sw7d.com>
Subject Re: duplicate class names in ASF Java projects
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 20:20:38 GMT
Ralph,
Thanks for the explanation. Is there a strategy for projects that have
both brought in transitively? Hunting down class name conflicts in a
multi-layered dependency tree was one of the reasons that I got
interested in the subject, and I haven't found a satisfying solution to
it yet.
Paul

On 3/21/14, 10:24 AM, Ralph Goers wrote:
> In the case of logging-log4j2 the package and class names are duplicated with log4j to
provide a bridge so that code does not need to be rewritten to upgrade. However, if you look
at the line counts you will see that they are not the same as the classes are very different.