www-community mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@geek.net>
Subject Fwd: Anonymous-OS
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 21:07:44 GMT
FYI

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Anonymous Os <anonymousos@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: Anonymous-OS
> Date: March 15, 2012 5:02:14 PM EDT
> To: Rich Bowen <rbowen@geek.net>
>
> Of course we read in various forums and blogs about all that. Just for info about Anonymoys-OS
is ubuntu-based distro without all that said some sites (“is wrapped in trojans”, “backdoored
OS by any Law enforcement Company or Hacker”, etc.).
> Perhaps these sites trying to fight the opensource projects and we unwittingly gave them
food. We don't know the real reason. Maybe about the name.
> We had decided that if we feel that our efforts cause a bad thing for Linux and opensource,
then we will stop this effort.
> We received a large number of mail which is mixed (positive & negative) but mostly
positive.

> Anyway, we think that SourceForge acts properly.
>
> Just we want, after you test Anonymous-OS, if you do that, inform those who use Anonymous-OS
there was no danger for all that was said.
> This not for us, just to know that in Linux and opensource world, there is not virus
and trojans on Linux distros, because we have other philosofy.

> These and apologize if we upset the SourceForge.

that we currently have available to us, we've decided to suspend your project, anonymous-os,
until we are persuaded that we shouldn't. This isn't an attack on you - we have two very specific
concerns that you'd need to address before we'd consider putting this project back online:

> 1) The name of the project seems to be intentionally misleading, and the Anonymous group
itself has disavowed any connection with the project.

> 2) Without any source code, it's impossible, or at least very difficult, to have any
peer review of your product. The accusations of malware, viruses, and so on, must be taken
seriously. This is especially true of a project that claims to be a security distribution.

> Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to be of help.
>
> --
> Rich Bowen :: rbowen@geek.net :: @rbowen
>      Community Growth Hacker
> SourceForge.net :: @sourceforge
>
> ====
> This e- mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s)
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify
the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) from your
system. Thank you.