www-community mailing list archives

From Dan <frandan...@gmail.com>
Subject Looking for a complete, integrated, open source, enterprise CRUD sample application with Ajax
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 04:57:40 GMT
This may perhaps seem like a tall order but bear with me here...

Does anyone know where I can get a complete sample application that's really
complete.  I mean as if a real life functioning enterprise the likes of
Google just zipped up their whole open-source production and development
hard drives and made it all available for people to download, unzip, and
run... mysql database, bug tracking system, build system, version control,
connection pooling services, web server, app server, javascript libraries,
internationalization resources, configured IDE, etc. etc.  All of everything
configured and wrapped up in a single installer ready to go with just a few
changes to IP addresses and passwords.  From that we could just change
things to build our own first app.

I've tried getting started with a bunch of different open source application
stacks and I always get stuck.  And every time it happens I wonder why I
can't just copy someone's entire web development drive.  It's open-source
and it's just ones and zeroes.  Why can't we just copy it and skip the setup
process and the time of figuring out best practices on our own?

Thanks for any thoughts about this.  Also if this is the wrong forum for
this question, please direct me to the right one.