www-community mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Resignation of the Apache Software Foundation from the JCP
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 17:54:46 GMT
All,

I just sent the following email to the PMO and the EC's of the JCP.

Please look for a post on the foundation blog with details and explanation.

geir

On Dec 9, 2010, at 12:52 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> Dear Patrick,
>
> On behalf of the Apache Software Foundation, I hereby resign our seat on the SE/EE Executive
Committee, effective immediately.

> We'll have a post up on the Apache website with a detailed explanation for the community
- please contact me if you have any questions.

> On a personal note, I have enjoyed working with all of you for the last 7 years, and
look back fondly on the work we did together.

> I wish you the very best in sorting out this mess - Java is too important to all of us
to let the current situation continue.